Thursday, July 8, 2010

plugins linking on DS


I worked through some build errors, switched my plugin.ld to use a modified version of the correct linker script and added a number of PLUGIN_LD_FLAGS (including "-mno-crt0 $(DEVKITPRO)/devkitARM/arm-eabi/lib/ds_arm9_crt0.o"), and plugins started linking. I had some trouble with plugin.ld syntax errors, but figured it out (I was doing things in SECTIONS like "{ contents } >region =fill :phdr" when it needed to be "{ contents } >region :phdr =fill"). Using objdump on the plugins, it seems most only have one relocation type to worry about (R_ARM_ABS32), but the cine and cruise engines also use R_ARM_THM_CALL and R_ARM_TARGET1. I'll be working on completing dsloader.cpp (including the ARM-specific relocations) now, my first milestone being getting one of the engines that uses just R_ARM_ABS32 working.

No comments:

Post a Comment