- Everything will take more time than you predict it will :-)
- This Summer will be a learning experience. I think things will go a lot smoother now that I've been humbled a bit and am more comfortable with taking some time to read documentation/ask for advice from other devs when I hit a bottleneck.
- Panera Bread has free wifi and tasty food :-)
Some things I did during this, my first week of working on an open-source project:
- Got MUCH more comfortable with linux (specifically Ubuntu).
- Got the PS2 port of ScummVM to compile and updated the wiki page concerning the process.
- Learned a bit about how GNU linker scripts work.
- Got comfortable merging trunk changes into my branch and communicating with the ScummVM porters (nice people!)
- Modified the PSP loader to work for PS2 and made special PS2 linker scripts (as of now, these are untested).