Sunday, May 30, 2010

Reflections on Week One

Some hard truths I learned during this, my first week of working on an open-source project:
  • Everything will take more time than you predict it will :-)
  • This Summer will be a learning experience. I think things will go a lot smoother now that I've been humbled a bit and am more comfortable with taking some time to read documentation/ask for advice from other devs when I hit a bottleneck.
  • Panera Bread has free wifi and tasty food :-)
Some things I did during this, my first week of working on an open-source project:
  • Got MUCH more comfortable with linux (specifically Ubuntu).
  • Got the PS2 port of ScummVM to compile and updated the wiki page concerning the process.
  • Learned a bit about how GNU linker scripts work.
  • Got comfortable merging trunk changes into my branch and communicating with the ScummVM porters (nice people!)
  • Modified the PSP loader to work for PS2 and made special PS2 linker scripts (as of now, these are untested).

No comments:

Post a Comment