Wednesday, July 7, 2010

DS Update

Work on the DS dynamic module loader is progressing. In the tail end of last week, I put the basic loader code in for the DS and modified the default arm-eabi linker script to make a plugin linker for the DS. This week I found (in a .spec file included in one of the makefiles for the DS) that the DS port doesn't use the default arm-eabi linker so I'll have to modify the one it does use (ds_arm9.ld) instead. At the opening of this week, I took some time to try to understand the Makefiles for the DS (it's a bit more complicated than the other ports I've worked with) and then started modifying them to use dynamic modules. I had a bit of trouble getting make to attempt to link the plugins, but after correcting some dependencies, linking of plugins is attempted (though not completed successfully, which hopefully will change once I switch to a modified version of ds_arm9.ld for plugin linking). I'll post again once the plugins are successfully linking.

:-)

Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment