Sunday, June 13, 2010

PS2 plugins working

Work went much better after getting debugging facilities running on the PS2. I discovered the problem seemed to be in how the plugins were linked. After making changes to plugin.ld over the weekend, dynamic modules seem to work correctly, at least for the SCUMM and SKY engines, on the PS2. I'll be doing a bit more testing, but things look good!

Tomorrow I plan to better comment out the altered linker scripts with documentation of what the changes are intended to do. Also, after discussing things with Yotam (my main mentor), I've decided to alter my schedule and begin work this week on the GP2x Wiz ELF loader/linker (instead of the work of abstracting a generic ELF loader). After work on the GP2x Wiz is done, I'll be more able to know what things can be abstracted and what things can't.

The altered schedule (which was approved by my mentor) is up on my wiki page: http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User:Toneman

No comments:

Post a Comment